Thursday 25 February 2010

Food, glorious food!

I know it was a couple of weeks ago but I thought I'd share the recipes which I made my hubby for valentines day. I have recently come across an American cookery program called Barefoot Contessa which has some amazing recipes. I made beautiful filet steaks, sauteed onions with shallots and garlic, onion rings and a bit of healthy brocolli on the side! These are the links:
















For dessert I made a white chocolate and brownie torte which was soooo easy to make but looked like I had spent ages - lots of 'brownie' points for me! (excuse the pun!) This is how its made:

Ingredients:
300g White Chocolate
600ml Double Heavy Cream
250g Chocolate Brownies
Cocoa powder (for dusting)

Method:
1. Dampen sides of an 8in tin and line with greaseproof paper.
2. Put the chocolate into a small pan with 150ml of cream and heat gently until the chocolate has melted. Stir until smooth and pour into a bowl. Leave to cool. - I did this in a glass bowl and kept heating it for about 20 seconds in the microwave until it was all melted.
3. Break brownies into chunky pieces and put on the base of the tin. Pack down to make a dense base.
4. Whip remaining cream until it makes peaks - fold in the chocolate mixture. Spoon into tin to cover brownies and level the chocolate mixture. Cover with tin foil and freeze overnight.
5. Transfer the torte to the fridge about 45 mins before serving. Decorate with a light dusting of cocoa powder just before serving.




No comments:

Post a Comment