At last we are experiancing some sunshine and instantly I am in a better mood. This weekend I am planning to clear my garden (a big job!) and have a tidy up. As a reward I might have a bbq with beautiful fresh prawns grilled on the bbq and I have also found a recipe for Feta, Roasted Pepper, Chicken and Pesto Sandwiches which sound delicious:
• 4 slice(s) deli chicken
• 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
• 1 loaf(s) Ciabatta or other large bun, split
• 2 tablespoon(s) Pesto
• 5 ml mayonnaise
• 5 ml crumbled feta cheeese
• 1 piece(s) leaf lettuce
• 3 slice(s) rosted red pepper
1. Set oven to broil on medium. Brush both sides of the ciabatta with olive oil and toast cut sides of bread until golden, approximately 5 minutes. Set Aside.
2. In a small bowl, combine the pesto and mayonnaise. Spread the pesto mayonnaise mixture on both sides of the bun.
3. On the bottom half of the bun, layer chicken, roasted red pepper, and lettuce. Crumble the feta cheese on top of the layer. Close and enjoy.